Location: Vacancies across Cornwall
Salary: Circa salary £18,950 per annum pro-rata (£9.98 an
Hours: Variable contact hours available from a minimum contact of 18.5 to 37 [full time]
Recruiter: Action for Children
Variable contact hours available from a minimum contact of 18.5 to 37 [full time]
We can provide flexible working contact hours due to our service offer and can discuss your situation, working around your other commitments. The contract includes the option of additional sessional hours dependant on the needs of the service
Brilliant benefits We offer 29 days pro-rata holiday plus public/bank holidays, flexible?maternity, adoption and paternity packages, pension scheme where we contribute up to 7%, an employee discount portal and much more.
Are you a naturally empathetic, focused and passionate about changing the lives of young people and their families throughout Cornwall for the better?
Successful applicants will be equipped and supported to work on this new and exciting project across Cornwall. You will be providing the Kernow Connect Service for Young People aged 11-19 and up to 25 with a Special Educational Need or Disability [SEND] across the County.
The service, will bring together a range of inclusive support for young people, including universal groups and activities in the community, Targeted 1-1 support and group work and also a specialist 1-2-1 and group support.
We are looking for a Young Persons Worker to join our team.
You will make a difference by:
- Offering young people a range of support services including fun activities and group work programmes both in the community and online.
- Providing 1-2-1 support to support their needs such as education, work, health and social life.
- Identifying and supporting local provision and volunteers.
- Delivering group work in School, online and in the community [Training provided]
- Travelling throughout the area to meet the needs of the service.
- Working closely with agencies such as the Health and Social Care Trusts, Community groups etc. to promote the service, raise awareness and help them to identify young people in need of support.
You will need:
- NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care, child-care, youth work or equivalent [recommended not essential]
- Experience of working with young people
- Experience of planning, setting up and delivering group work and/or activity programmes.
- Experience of providing 1-1 support.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships with people at all levels.
- The ability to work on your own initiative but also as part of a wider team.
- Access to a car and the ability to drive. The job requires the ability to travel according to the needs of the job, with reasonable adjustments, if required, according to the Equality Act
The way we work
We work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.
For safe and happy childhoods
At Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
Job Reference: 6042
Closing Date: 28/10/2021