General Manager - The Carclaze (St.Austell) - Whitbread Inns
Salary: £37,000 - £41,200
We are on the lookout for a dynamic, forward thinking operator to join our team in St. Austell. Our established site consistently performs well throughout the year, but trade peaks for summer, Christmas and other key dates. It's a popular venue in the local area, with a team of approx. 45 with a separate bar/restaurant, function room, carvery/breakfast buffet and is one of only a few Whitbread Inns within our estate.
Offering more than just a great career opportunity that starts with the very best induction training, there’s a salary of up to £40K, great discounts and benefits as well as the chance to earn 50% of annual salary in bonus.
Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, our General Managers play a pivotal part in the success of the business. It’s all about creating a winning team and delivering the best service to our guests.
It takes a great team to deliver a best in class restaurant experience, so you’ll…
- Be responsible for recruiting, onboarding and inducting any new team members.
- Inspire, develop and lead your management and team members, ensuring great retention.
- Maximise revenue opportunities through analysing sales figures and effective forecasting.
- Effectively manage all controllable costs and site P&L.
- Support the Regional Operations Manager in delivering long term business goals.
- Drive individual high performance through regular one to ones.
- Have an eye for detail and thrive in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Show passion for the brand and ensure your team are equally as knowledgeable and confident around delivering the values
- Ensure all health and safety measures are met to the highest standard.
- Demonstrate a clear passion for achieving high guest measures.
We want you to be the best and so we will give you the tools to manage your labour and cost margins. It’s then up to you to show what you’ve got when it comes to driving sales and revenue and proactively using guest feedback to maximise opportunities.
We’re an innovative business so you’ll also champion change and implement this with the team.
Ideally, you’ll come from a high-volume, guest facing leadership role with an understanding of delivering in a branded operation.
If you want to be part of a dynamic management team and our vision, develop yourself in a market leading company and have the skills, personality and passion to create moments that matter for our teams and guests then apply now!
Closing Date: 25th May 2022