Location: St Austell
Grill Chef - Whitbread Inns
The Carclaze - St Austell
Starting hourly rate: £11.00
At Table Table, serving great food is what we’re all about. By taking charge of the grill, you’ll be at the centre of making that happen. Sharing your knowledge, expertise, and meticulously high standards you’ll work with the team to cook food to perfection. Even when things get hot, bothered, and busy your professional cool will make sure we serve nothing but the mouth-watering meals we’re known for.
What you need
Some experience as a line chef or chef de partie would be a bonus, but it isn’t essential. It’s about what you bring as a person. If you can offer the following, we want to hear from you.
- A successful background working in a fast-paced kitchen, perhaps as a back griller, front griller, or part of a kitchen team.
- Knowledge of kitchen health and safety as well as food and hygiene standards.
- Enthusiasm for and experience of coaching others.
- A genuine passion for delivering an amazing guest experience through the meals we serve.
What will I do as a Grill Chef?
- Work with the Head Chef to become an expert on our menus and specifications.
- Remain calm under pressure to make sure every main meal is prepared safely, cooked perfectly, and presented irresistibly to guests.
- Communicate with, care for, and support your colleagues in the kitchen, on the restaurant floor, in the bar, and the management team.
- Maintain a spotless kitchen in line with health and safety and food and hygiene standards.
Work with Whitbread
Premier Inn, the UK’s most loved hotel, is part of the Whitbread family alongside some of the UK’s best-known restaurant brands. We’re truly proud to give great experiences to millions of guests and create long-term career opportunities for people just like you! In fact, in 2021 we were voted a Top Employer for the eleventh year running.
We’re also proud to have a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone is welcome and feels able to be themselves. We want to continue to attract people from all walks of life. In return, you’ll get the chance to shine with our award-winning induction and training and the opportunity to build a career at Whitbread.
And if that wasn’t enough, you’ll enjoy a range of great benefits like:
- Whitbread’s Privilege Card, which gives you up to 60% discount on hotel rooms and 25% discount across our restaurant brands
- huge discounts on our famous Premier Inn Hypnos Mattresses, pillows, and beds
- discounted on-shift meals, starting from £2 or 50% off the standard menu price
- Costco membership and other retail, gym and leisure discounts including Virgin Experience Days and O2 Open Employee discount.
On top of all that, there are financial benefits like a pension and annual Sharesave schemes; wellbeing benefits including eye health and Vision Express discounts; and we’ll help you support the charities you care about by matching what you give.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now.
We welcome your application, whatever your background or situation. Whitbread is an inclusive employer and we believe there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We strongly encourage anyone from under-represented groups to build a career with us. Under-represented groups include women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans sexual, non binary or use another term). We are open to part-time and flexible working and will try to support this where we can.
Job Reference: 728152
Closing Date: 10/12/2021