Location: St Austell
Salary: £22,800 - 23,322 per year + Exc Benefits
Recruiter: Cornwall Staff Agency
One of the UK’s leading web offset printers has the following vacancies for their site based in Roche, Cornwall:
Press Print Assistant
Salary £22,800 per annum – DAY SHIFT – 06.00am-18.00pm
Salary £23,322 per annum – NIGHT SHIFT – 18.00pm-06.00am
7 weeks holiday
Average 39 hours per week
12 hours shifts – 06.00am-18.00pm OR 18.00pm-06.00am
Predominantly working 3 shifts a week, with 13 extra shifts to be worked throughout the year
DAYS - You will work Monday-Wednesday days for 4 weeks, then rotate to Thursday-Saturday days for 4 weeks. You will be required to work 13 extra shifts per annum which will predominately fall on Sunday days. It will be a maximum of 9 Sunday days and the remaining 4 will be required during the week.
NIGHTS - You will work Sunday-Tuesday nights for 4 weeks, then rotate to Wednesday-Friday nights for 4 weeks. You will be required to work 13 extra shifts per annum which will predominately fall on Saturday nights. It will be a maximum of 9 Saturday nights and the remaining 4 will be required during the week. All shifts will be worked consecutively.
No previous experience is required as full training will be provided, however, previous experience in operating machinery and/or working within a busy manufacturing environment would be advantageous.
The No 3 Reelhand Operator role is to assist the printers in the day-to-day running of the press. The role to include (but not limited to) the following duties specified below;
- · Webbing up - Assisting in the complete webbing up of the press, from reel stand to folder and webbing up of the ribbons through the folder superstructure into the folder.
- · Stackers - Will gain an in depth knowledge of the operation of the stackers and palletisers. Changing strapping and renew broken stacker belts when necessary.
- · Sheeter - Operating the sheeter.
- · Robotic Palletiser - Will gain an in depth knowledge of the operation of the robotic palletiser on the Komori System 38. This to include the inputting of different programmes for the various products produced off this press.
- · Plate Bending - Learn how to bend plates for each of the 3 web presses. Understand how to safely handle and prepare plates ready for press without damage.
- · Management systems - Will gain knowledge of the QTMS and MIS systems and weigh scales. The correct printing out of pallet tickets and correct labeling up of pallets and stacks of printed work.
- · Production - Check printed copies at the start of, and throughout the run, paying particular attention to crows footing, creasing, splitting and any marking through the stacker/sheeter.
- · Reel stand Job Preparation - Will gain knowledge of MIS and QTMS management systems pertaining to the correct inputting of paper details, reel numbers etc.
- · Reel Preparation - Will gain knowledge of how to prepare a reel for successful running in the reel stand.
- · Reel Stand operation - Will gain in depth knowledge of the operation of the reel stand/flying paster, including the setting up of splices, the setting up of the webbing up apron to be able to automatically web the press up
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to make a real career in digital printing
To find out more, Please send your CV with a covering letter in the first instance
Job Reference: INDWAL2203
Apply for this job