Team Leader, Porthpean, St. Austell
Are you interested in leading a team, but do not want to sit in an office? Do you want to take on operational responsibilities and role model outstanding support? Are you a support worker that is looking to make the next step in your career?
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, resilient, and forward-thinking person to support the development of the service and be a role model of outstanding support.
We currently support a fantastic young man called Brandon.
Although Brandon lives within a service with 5 other peers, you will only be responsible for the team that support him.
Brandon is a gentleman with Autism spectrum disorder, Developmental delay and may display behaviours of distress. When Brandon isn’t at his college placement, he loves spending time with his dad (either at his flat or at the bowling alley), going on the log flume at Crealy, going for a drive in his car or crafting a masterpiece.
As Team Leader you will play an important role in developing and delivering an innovative person-centered approach and ensuring the implementation and understanding of a PBS within support.
• You hold a full current driving license.
• You have experience supporting individuals with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, behaviours of distress and work in a person-centred way.
• You influence support delivery and role model positive service culture.
• You are patient and good humoured.
• You are flexible to fulfil service requirements – able to work on and off rota.
• You are a clear and effective communicator – to ensure that all staff are aware of support outcomes
• Familiarity with online systems – rota planning, support planning.
• Familiarity with completing daily and weekly audits to ensure compliance.
• You have experience supervising a team of support workers.
Hours: Hours negotiable for the right candidate. You will need flexibility between Monday to Sunday (2 weekends in 4 off) to meet service requirements, tasks, and time on & off rota.
Salary: £10.40 per hour
A driving license & access to a car is essential for this vacancy as you will be required to attend external meetings and meet support plan requirements.
Closing date: The closing date for this vacancy is the 18th November 2021.
If your application is successful, any offer of employment will be subject to:
A satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and subsequent registration for the DBS Update Service
2 acceptable / satisfactory references
Evidence of eligibility / right to work in the UK
Closing Date: 18th November 2021