Support Workers wanted!
Our client is looking for support workers on a full time basis to work night shifts/sleep ins (can be temporary for the right candidate) to work in Illogan supporting adults who have learning disabilities in their own home within a supported living service.
Applicants with experience of Autism, complex needs and Mental Health needs is preferred. Previous experience of supporting people with complex needs in supported living or domiciliary support would be an advantage.
Essential Skills/Knowledge/Experience -
- To be committed to providing high quality care and have strong interpersonal skills and empathy towards our clients, be a team player and able to work using your own initiative.
- Have compassion and a genuine interest in the well-being of vulnerable people.
- Be resilient with a positive outlook and have an upbeat approach to supporting people.
- A great planner, organizer and motivator to support individuals with access to achieve an outcome focused support plan.
- A great role model and be able to connect through great communication and drive towards accessing the community.
Hours Varied – Night shifts/Sleep ins are from 10pm – 7am, you can discuss with the client what hours work for you etc but they are ideally looking for someone to work as many hours as possible.
The pay rate for this role will be £9.70 an hour.
Essentially you will need –
- An Enhanced DBS check
- Two employment references
- Training with Manual Handling and Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults preferably in date within a year
If you believe that you would be a suitable candidate for this role and you are actively seeking employment please submit your CV in the first instance.