- Sous Chef
- Country house hotel
- 3AA rosette
- Salary up to £30,000pa
- Fantastic tips
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Sous chef to work alongside an award winning Head Chef in a stunning country house hotel.
Overlooking the Devon countryside only a short distance from Dartmoor, this fine dining establishment has a newly been awarded 3aa rosettes commitment to using fresh, local, seasonal ingredients and each dish is produced with genuine passion – a quality which is essential in the successful Sous Chef candidate.
This full-time permanent position requires a dedicated Sous to support the Head Chef and Kitchen Team
As SOUS CHEF you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Head Chef with daily kitchen operations and the supervision of kitchen staff
- Being responsible for the running of the kitchen in the Head Chefs absence
- Leading by example, demonstrating correct cooking techniques and usage of kitchen equipment and ensuring all health & safety and food hygiene procedures are carried out and adhered to
- Quality assurance of all food cooked and served on the premises ensuring food is delivered to customers in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner
- Food ordering, stock control and wastage reporting
- Offering ideas in relation to menu planning and improving overall kitchen performance
- Offering support and encouraging staff development within the kitchen
This SOUS CHEF position offers an immediate start date, Fantastic Salary – dependent on experience and the opportunity to work alongside an excellent, very experienced Head Chef.
If you have the skills, experience and passion required for this position, send your CV TODAY to Cornwall Staff Agency to apply for and find out more information about this role.