- Sous chef
- Salary £37,000pa
- End of season Bonus Package
- Brand new, well-equipped, live-in accommodation
We are looking to recruit a talented and passionate Sous chef to join our clients busy award-winning hotel kitchen. Set on the Roseland Peninsula, the hotel benefits from spectacular sea views and the natural beauty of the rural landscape. Located south of Truro.
This is a pivotal role within the kitchen due to the responsibility of taking the lead in the head chefs’ absence. You will be able to show strong leadership skills whilst also maintaining the respect of all levels within the kitchen. You will be expected to be a team player supporting and mentoring the lower-level chefs and helping them develop within the kitchen.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years within a similar role at a similar level. The candidate will be focused, driven and passionate whilst also being able to command a kitchen they should also be able to be a mentor and team player. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate longevity throughout their CV and a desire to progress professionally.
- You will ideally have at least 2 years previous experience within a similar role and at the same level.
- You will be able to cope with working in a high-pressure environment
- You will have excellent knowledge of seasonal foods and dishes
- You will have exceptional communication skills and be able to show authority
- Have the highest level of hygiene
- You will be a team player and work effectively as part of a team
- You will have a genuine love of food and a good imagination and flair for menu creation
In return for your services, you will be rewarded with a great salary and benefits package with potential earns of up to £46,000pa along with a chance to work alongside a fantastic chef and in an idyllic location.
If you are interested in knowing more or would like to be placed forward for the role, please send in the first instance your CV.
Job Reference: PARL2171