Here at Bush Pepper we are looking for the right candidate to work alongside our Head Chef to manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking. Provides meal quality and consistency by following designated recipes.
Sous Chef Job Duties:
- Leads kitchen team in chef's absence.
- Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
- Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
- Hires and trains new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimises waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
- Works with head chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities
- Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well managed
- Assists head chef with menu creation
- Coordinates with restaurant management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing
What’s in it for you:
- Equal share of the tips.
- Travel expenses if living outside of Newquay.
- Flexible work/life balance.
- Career development from our experienced Senior Chef Team.
- Pension scheme.
- Christmas and boxing day off.
- Opportunity to work with fresh local produce as well as exotic meats. 28 days holiday.
*This is a permanent role with immediate start*
Also many more benefits to talk through. More info on everything we do is available on request.
TO APPLY, SUBMIT YOUR CV
Closing Date: 31st May 2022