Location: Callington, Cornwall, England
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: GBP18000 - 20000 per Annum
Date Posted: 03/10/2019
WISE Employment are proud to announce they are representing a specialist freight forwarding company based in East Cornwall , who are looking to recruit a Shipping Operative to arrange consignments of goods being imported into the UK.
You will be able to handle the administration that facilitates the movement of freight through management of carriers and hauliers. A strong Administration background or previous Freight experience is essential for this role. You will develop great relationships with our clients and keep in contact with them regarding the progress of their shipments.
You will be able to communicate confidently both verbally and written. Communication will be a massive part of the role so we need someone who can send reports, liaise with overseas correspondents and chase contractors for paperwork so it can be sent on in a timely manner. correctly.
An analytical mind-set would be beneficial as you will be required to investigate any queried invoices received to check whether they are correct or not. The role will also involve cost and margin analysis and maintenance of files.
- The ideal candidate will come from a freight forwarding or strong administrative background
- Fully competent with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word and Excel
- A quick learner who will swiftly adapt to using our bespoke software package
- The ability to manage your own workload efficiently and proactively
- A good team player who will be willing to assist team members when required
- Ability to accurately & efficiently transpose information into internal transport management system
- Report writing and ability to provide concise progress updates
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong grammatical and numerical skills
- Proficient at wording emails to clients in a professional manner and ensuring that all client requests are fulfilled and answered in a timely manner
- Confidence in building and maintaining relationships with customers in order to generate and increase new business
- Entrepreneurial spirit, looking for new opportunities to promote business growth
- 5 weeks holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Gym membership at a local country club
- Discretionary Christmas bonus
- Annual pay review in September
If you would like more information regarding this role, please call Adam on 01752 603800 or email email@example.com for more information.