£31 - £41K pa plus benefits
Ref: Engineering Opportunities
Closing Date: 06/07/2020
We are looking for a talented and results-driven Engineer to join our structural engineering team sustaining highways across Cornwall.
You will be an experienced Civil or Structural Engineer with a track record of sound engineering judgement and practical skills that can be used in the strengthening or refurbishment of highway structures across Cornwall or other environmental assets.
You will be Chartered (C.Eng), Incorporated (I.Eng) with significant C.Eng or post I.Eng experience in civil engineering. Or if not already qualified, you may be working towards your Chartered status and able to demonstrate relevant experience and competence in this area.
We are looking for you to bring:
• Knowledge of suitable design methods structural design and analysis to Eurocodes or relevant British Standards
• Proven project management skills including Microsoft Project expertise and knowledge of NEC contracts
• Ability to monitor and evaluate project progress and finances
• Wide knowledge of construction methods and techniques
• Strong focus on health and safety with excellent client management skills
• Solutions focussed approach with proactive communication across construction teams to resolve technical queries
• Positive people leader and manager
Working with us you will have a competitive benefits package that includes pension, training and development investment & employee discount package.
About the job
As our Senior Engineer you will be joining our small, professional and experienced team to successfully deliver highway or environmental design projects including coastal defence structures. Your role will span the whole project lifecycle from inception through the feasibility and preliminary design stage, technical approval, detailed design, the creation of works information and supervision on site.
We are keen to hear from all candidates that may be interested in this opportunity. Please share your profile with us on LinkedIn if you’d like to apply for the position.
We will contact you with more details about the job role and how to apply.
We are considering applications on a rolling basis, so please get in touch at your earliest opportunity, and by Monday 6 July at the latest.
Do you have engineering experience in other areas?
We regularly have opportunities for Engineers, including engineering graduates, to join our organisation and gain work experience. Please contact us if you have experience that falls outside the scope of this role, and we can share details of other available opportunities.
£Dependent on Experience
Smith & Reed Recruitment (SW) Limited
£32,000 - £36,000 basic per year
MJR Group SW Ltd