Salary: £35,000 per annum
Hours: Full Time
Recruiter: Winners Recruitment
My client in Truro is looking for an experienced Restaurant Manager/ Team Leader to join their Management Team, with an immediate start.
As Restaurant Manager/ Team Leader you’ll need strong management skills and experience in both front and back of house and be very hands on.
You will be overseeing a busy restaurant and bar, checking in with customers and balance seating capacity, motivate the team and communicate well with the kitchen.
You will be expected to lead by example and organise your team in a fast-paced environment.
You will ensure the restaurant runs smoothly and customers have a pleasant dining experience by treating them with respect and make an effort to learn the companies customer base.
• Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
• Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints in a timely manner
• Train the team on allergens and issues related to food complaints
• Organise and supervise shifts – manage closedown procedures for the busy weekend shifts as you prepare the restaurant for the following morning’s breakfast shift.
• Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
• Control operational and labour costs and identify measures to cut waste
• Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
• Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
• Ensure health and safety regulations are current with staff training
• Manage inventory – bar content etc.
• Protecting profitability
• Liaising with the hotel and understanding how it interacts with the restaurant
Requirements and skills
• Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager, Hospitality Manager or similar role
• Proven customer service experience as a manager
• Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and waiting staff
• Familiarity with restaurant management software – Hotel Executive EPOS and OpenTable
• Understand how to generate sales reports and adjust Open Table
• Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
• Strong financial management skills – record keeping
Full time permanent position offering an annual salary of £35,000, plus a share of the 7.5% service charge. Uniform clothing allowance after 3 months plus company discount.
Based in Truro City Centre, no accommodation available therefore must be able to commute and have own transport due to early starts and late finishes
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Steph at Winners Recruitment, Truro
Job Reference: 23636
Apply for this job
Closing Date: 28/05/2022