Job Title: Removals Driver and Porter
Salary: £11 per hour
Location: St. Agnes
Keltic Removals is a small removals business based in St. Agnes, Cornwall.
We are currently recruiting for a 3.5-ton driver/porter.
Duties will include:
• Loading and unloading
• Packing and wrapping of furniture and effects
• Supervising of porters
• Cleaning of vehicles
• Daily vehicle checks
• Warehouse and yard duties
Essential Qualities and Skills:
• Honesty and integrity – it is the backbone of our business!
• A clean UK driving licence
• The ability to work well in a team as well as on your own
• Good communication skills
• Good physical fitness
• Good timekeeping
• The ability to pass a basic DBS check
Desirable Qualities and skills:
• Removals experience including packing
• Driving licence up to category “C”
• Knowledge in Health and Safety
• The desire and knowledge to help build a small business into something greater
• Your own means of transportation to work
Due to insurance reasons, we can only accept applicants aged 25 years and older.
Due to the nature of our business, the successful candidate must be able to pass a basic DBS check.
We welcome applications from candidates with an HM Forces background.
This position is for a contract of 30hours per week over 5 days and at a rate of £11 per hour. Overtime will be available, and necessary, on occasion and will be paid at your standard rate. Pay rates will be reviewed on a yearly basis and any increases will be implemented from April to coincide with the financial year.
On long-distance removals, it may be necessary for you to spend nights away from home.
Job Ref: KR1
Closing Date: 07/03/2021