Our client, an established charity is looking for a Registered Manager to join their team. You will be responsible for our clients’ services, but also work alongside other Registered Managers in their own regions. Registered Managers report to a Regional Lead, who is also CQC Registered.
The main offices are based in Redruth; however, a driving licence is ESSENTIAL because you will have to travel to different locations & make visits to all services across Cornwall.
Hours & Salary:
- Salary: £32,000 per annum FTE
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
About the client: This charity has been making a difference for 35 years, changing the lives of people who have learning disabilities, autism, brain injuries, and other support needs. Their aims include every person having a home that is right for them, and support for the life they choose. We provide direct support services to over 100 people and some bespoke housing across Cornwall and Devon with a growing workforce.
About you and this opportunity:
- As a Registered Manager, you will manage the delivery of outstanding regulated support, and role model the principles of our people strategy.
- Experience of holding a CQC registration is not compulsory; but the necessary knowledge, ability, willingness, ambition, and motivation to make a difference.
- You will exceed regulatory compliance, fulfilling responsibilities as a CQC Registered Manager, ensuring supported people experience a Safe, Caring, Responsive, Effective, and Well-Led service, and CQC inspections demonstrate your service(s) is.
- You will lead a learning culture and develop people in your region, being a visible coach, motivator, and supporter.
- You will be responsible for assigned Practice leaders, Hub leaders and/or Outreach Leaders.
- You will lead and develop your services in line with budgets and policies and develop and maintain relationships with professional and other support networks.
- You will lead practice development in Positive Behaviour Support (PBS), trauma informed approaches, active support, and any emerging best practice.
- Your role will include regional on-call responsibilities every 4-6weeks.
- You will be motivated to provide collective leadership in wider organisational risks, priorities, development, and projects including managing and supporting growth in your services and across the charity.
- Offer you flexibility and autonomy in your patterns to deliver your responsibilities.
- Provide opportunities to develop the skills you need to succeed on your career pathway.
- 6 weeks annual leave rising to 6.4 weeks after 1 year in role.
- 24/7 confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support your health and well-being.
- Vouchers for Christmas, your birthday, and your annual work anniversary.
- Opportunity to undertake hourly-paid overtime shifts.
If you are interested in this amazing opportunity, please send us and up to date CV!