Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
Location: Truro - Exeter - Remotely
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Main Purpose of the Job:
The main purpose of this position is to take responsibility for the successful management and control of all aspects of the commercial / financial and contractual elements of designated projects. The Quantity Surveyor will form part of the project team and work closely with the Sales, Design, Planning, and Delivery teams as necessary.
1. To assist with establishing client requirements and undertake required and requested project information
2. To aid in the selection of new suppliers and maintain the KCL sub contractor database, ensuring all sub-contractors and suppliers are up to date and approved
3. To understand and factor in all statutory obligations are met, including Health & Safety.
4. To be responsible for quantifying, budgeting and managing projects from outset to completion.
5. To analyse project progress and produce detailed reports using in-house software.
6. To aid project managers in selecting subcontractors and agree the scope of service and allocate work.
7. To monitor and control costs throughout the project.
8. To identify and risks surrounding the project and the likelihood of cost variation.
9. To prepare valuations and final accounts.
10. To liaise effectively between site managers, project managers, contracts managers and the client.
11. To work cooperatively and provide support as required for all companies in the Kensa Group.
12. To undertake training and assist in training other member of staff as required.
13. To be a positive ambassador of Kensa at all times.
14. To work at all times in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to follow all company procedures and guidelines which assist this. Whilst working at external sites comply with all on site health and safety procedures and guidelines applicable to that site.
15. To work at all times in accordance with the company’s Dignity & Diversity Policy.
16. To undertake such other duties as may be required within the general scope of the job.
17. Assist the commercial and delivery department in ensuring all contractual requirements are fully understood and that each project is under contract prior to commencement.
18. Manage the contracts administrator in his duties of reviewing and collating contractual documents.
Job Ref: KCL
Closing Date: 06/11/2020