Job Title: Quality Inspector
Salary: £24,502 per annum
Location: Blackwater, Truro
We are looking for a Quality Inspector to join our team to inspect completed machines, purchased and manufactured components.
The ideal candidate will possess a trained eye for detail and will be reliable and committed. The goal is to ensure that our customers receive high quality products that are made correctly and meet their needs and expectations.
Teagle Machinery Ltd has been designing and manufacturing an extensive range of machinery at its Blackwater production facility near Truro for over 75 years. The products manufactured on site include bale processors, manure spreaders, grassland mowers, fertiliser broadcasters and cement mixers. All manufactured products are implements to be used on farms to aid the production of food, with mowers also sold to agricultural and amenity markets.
In recent years, Teagle Machinery has grown to become regarded as global specialists in Bale Processing (for feeding and bedding livestock) by farmers around the world.
The Quality Inspector will be involved with the final inspection of completed machines ensuring they meet the customers’ specification and quality standards.
Main responsibilities include:
- Approving or rejecting manufactured and purchased components with respect to the quality standards.
- Carry out First Article Inspections (FAI) of machined, sheet metal and welded components.
- Monitor the use of jigs and fixtures to ensure it is safe and well-maintained and quarantine any that don't meet requirements.
- Maintain records of testing, information and various metrics such as number of defective products per day etc.
- Proven experience as quality inspector or relevant role.
- Broad knowledge of welding and metal manufacturing techniques.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to read engineering drawings.
- Familiarity with quality inspection equipment (e.g. Digital Verniers, Micrometers, etc.)
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Computer literate
APPLY TODAY by uploading your CV
Job Ref: TEAQUAL
Closing Date: 30/04/2021