Location: Newton Abbot
Salary: £17.06 per, plus holiday pay (total of £18.97 ph)
Hours: Monday to Thursday - 28 hours a week
Recruiter: RJS Resourcing Ltd
Our client is looking for an organised and experienced candidate to undertake the role of Project Manager. You will be required to lead, manage and deliver a variety of business improvement projects with a particular emphasis on identifying opportunities to improve work processes and maximise the benefits of information technology.
- Rate of pay £17.06 ph plus holiday pay
- Mon – Thu 9am – 5pm
- 28 hours per week
- Initial 6-month contract with the possibility of further opportunities
- Friendly working environment
- Car parking on site
- To lead, manage and deliver an agreed set of projects, working to deadlines and within budgets, balancing priorities, and resources to deliver the work plan.
- To proactively identify opportunities to improve work processes.
- Prepare business cases as needed and support managers to lead and manage change.
- Persuading others of the benefits of new ways of working, organising relevant demonstrations and training, promoting different ways of working, and supporting colleagues to adopt different approaches.
- To work with colleagues across services, initiating meetings, tracking progress, and alerting relevant managers to any delays.
- Support Service Managers to develop and deliver service improvement plans.
- Negotiate effectively with outside suppliers to obtain best value for money for the Authority and to mediate where standards have fallen below those expected.
- Ensure good communication around individual projects and the wider work-plan, making sure that all relevant colleagues are aware of timescales and are ready to input when needed.
- Extensive proven experience of project management and delivery.
- Demonstrable record of achievement in project management including prince 2 Practitioners Certificate.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to deal with officers and members at all levels.
- Ability to provide direction and influence to staff on service improvement and related issues.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports, letters and electronic communications.
- A strong understanding of IT, covering aspects of hardware and software, and communications. This would include system development and system applications ranging from service specific operational systems to document image processing, automation, development of online and app-based services and mobile working.
- An understanding of process re-engineering and system design. This could be gained through experience and/or qualification.
For full details please submit your CV
Job Reference: JIC0256
Closing Date: 11/11/2021