Job Title: Production Engineer / Operator
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000
As a production engineer / operator you will be an essential part of a small team undertaking the primary manufacture of premium animal bedding from a farm grown crop within a busy working agricultural environment.
- To operate agricultural and industrial machinery on a daily basis as part of various processing lines on a single agricultural site.
- To be fully compliant with the operation and care of any mechanical and electrical equipment used in your duties.
- To be fully compliant with the requirement of the business’ quality control system and safe working standards. To be able to follow all procedures, ensuring all records are completed to company standards.
- Experience in working with industrial / hydraulic / mechanical and electrical machinery,
- Engineering background to include fault finding / problem diagnostics
- Be able to take sole responsibility for operating production lines at times.
- Busy production line experience
- Good communications skills and be able to work well within a team
- Punctual and good attendance
- Engineering/Mechanical background
- Telehandler operator
- Forklift operator (training can be arranged)
About the ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate will have experienced a production and / or engineering background and be able to provide evidence and references.
The role includes operating all individual processing jobs on various production lines and requires an organised and methodical approach to tasks. Training and guidance will be provided to operate machinery. You will be required to work closely with the production manager but once training has been completed you will be expected to operate and manage the processing lines undertaking sole responsibility within operational shifts. Quality control across a variety of products is a vital part of the daily role.
The role represents growth in the business and is very much aimed at continuing the growth of the product lines. An ability to think creatively, on your feet and be part of a small but supportive team is essential. And although you will initially work under the production manager you will also be relied upon to show your own initiative in the absence of management and need a desire to improve performance on a daily basis.
Unsociable hours may sometimes be necessary.
Position to start as soon as possible.
Job Ref: Production Engineer / Operator
Closing Date: 22/01/2021