Operations & Production Manager
Location: Plymouth, Devon
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £35- £40k + KPI Bonus Scheme – DOE
Date Posted: 02/12/2019
Quality garment business based in central Plymouth is seeking an experienced Factory Operations & Production Manager to join their growing team.
Reporting to both the Sales Director & General Manager. This role will see the chose candidate carrying out the following duties:
• Direct line management of 5 department team leaders and overseeing a production team of 70.
• Deal with HR and Disciplinary issues when required.
• Identify and implement progression and training.
• Run daily and weekly operation & production meetings.
• Manage cost in line with factory out-put.
• Review, develop and implement processes to maximise efficiency.
• Health & Safety implemented and factory works in accordance with audit requirements.
• Maximise factory capacity through work-flow scheduling.
• Produce weekly reports of factory out-put and unit cost.
• Flexible in working hours to cover multiple factory shifts.
• At least 5 years management experience in a manufacturing (or similar) environment.
• Some breadth of technical manufacturing experiences e.g. lean manufacturing, Kaizen, 5 Ss, SMED, 6 sigma, engineering background etc.
• At least 5 years track record managing large groups of staff, service, quality and cost
• At least 2 years track record with managing/training/developing junior mangers/supervisors
• Depth of experience with Health & Safety
• Tactical thinking, lateral thinking
• Strong Numeracy and Excel capabilities
• Experience of all of compliance activities, maybe some management experience, but certainly participation in external assessments/audits
• Managing payroll – at least creation of payment schedule
• Budgeting and cost control
• Scheduling & Capacity Planning
• Location management
• Strategic thinking
• Capability and ambition to progress i.e. career focused, not job focused
For more information please apply today. Contact: email@example.com