A rare opportunity has arisen for the post of Cornwall Federation of Women’s Institutes Secretary, to lead a small team who support the Chair, Board of Trustees and the nearly 3000 members of the WI in Cornwall. The post will become available with effect from May and the successful candidate will work 4 days (28 hours) per week (Mon-Thurs) at our purpose-built headquarters at Truro Business Park in Threemilestone. The annual salary is £20,248pa pro rata.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Office Manager (including allocation and oversight of tasks; working time and annual leave administration)
2. Secretary to the Board of Trustees (including notice of meetings, preparation of agendas, provision of paperwork and writing of minutes for Board of Trustees and Finance meetings)
3. Committee membership administration (including invitation letters, database maintenance, annual meetings calendar, Standing Orders and Terms of Reference)
4. Responding to complex queries from WI members and members of the public
5. Maintenance of records
6. Preparation of information for WIs (including Diary of Events, letters, flyers)
7. Monthly WI posting matters (including calendar, oversight of volunteer packing administration, oversight of enclosure and advertisement administration)
8. Annual Council Meeting organisation (including venue hire, speakers, notice, agenda, tickets, technical and catering liaison, guest invitations, awards, minutes arrangements)
9. Premises management (including events diary; oversight of room hire and car parking: keyholder administration; premises maintenance)
10. Year-end matters (including Annual Report and Financial Statement timescale, stationery stock-check, committee records to accountants, Annual Report and Financial Statement distribution)
11. Any other duties, as required, appropriate to the post
1. Well-organised, focused and flexible, with a strong emphasis on attention to detail and the ability to work on own initiative
2. Self-confident, with good leadership and management skills.
3. Excellent literacy (written and oral), computer literacy and social media skills
4. Pleasant personality, with good telephone manner and customer service skills
The completed application form with a covering letter should be sent to: Helen Kestle, Federation Chair, Cornwall Federation of Women’s Institutes, Chy Noweth an Conteth, Truro Business Park, Truro, TR4 9NH to arrive by Thursday 31 March 2022.
Closing Date: 31st March 2022