Salary: £21.57 - 21.57 per hour + holiday pay
Recruiter: Cornwall Staff Agency
Our client is looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to work part-time in the Penzance area and around Cornwall, to support with Winter pressure work. You will need experience working with adults with a wide range of presenting needs, predominantly physical disabilities.
Working hours will be Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 09:00 – 17:00 -
Weekly pay, holiday pay accrues from the first week.
Start-date ASAP (14th February ideally), the role will initially be for a minimum of 12-weeks and will be reviewed and extended if appropriate after this time – likely to rollover (on-going, temp role).
Role purpose - to advise, assess, plan, develop, deliver, and evaluate services to adults with disability in order that they can maintain, develop and maximise their independence.
Essential Requirements –
- Qualified Occupational Therapist
- 5 years’ of employment references (no gaps)
- Full Driving License, plus access to car for work use
You must have –
- Skills in Moving and Handling assessment, seating, minor and major adaptations, prescription of specialist equipment
- A driver’s license and access to vehicle as role may require mobility over a large geographical area
- Demonstrate professional competence in OT practice
- Effective communication skills
- Manual Handling training
- The ability to take accountability for own clinical decisions
- Experience working in Housing Occupational Therapy Departments
- Good IT skills
Duties include –
- Using client-centered approaches to produce holistic solutions to the problems and challenges they encounter in their daily living
- Working closely with colleagues and health partners as required
- Responding promptly to urgent referrals and help address oldest waits
- Carrying out proportionate assessment and recording
- Contributing to and implementing support plans
If you think you would be suitable for this role, please apply with your CV now or call us on 01726 879600 and ask for Maisie to discuss further!
Job Reference: OT/Penzance
Apply for this job