Location: Mawgan Porth, Newquay
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum
Hours: Full Time
Recruiter: Winners Recruitment
My client in Mawgan Porth, Newquay, is looking for an experienced, highly driven and motivated Housekeeping Manager, who can deliver an exceptional level of pride in the presentation and cleanliness of both hotels.
You must be able to nurture and coach a team of 30-40 staff members, be present and accessible to each team member. You will create an authentic place where people want to be. Be a supportive & inspirational leader, assessing your team’s growth potential and providing clear direction.
Execute a clear, consistent and adaptable operating plan for the housekeeping team that values each individual’s contributions.
Deliver an exceptional presentation throughout both properties, ensuring a high level of cleanliness and hygiene across the hotel’s accommodation, public areas and grounds.
• The training and development of the teams
• Ensure the smooth, efficient and professional operation of housekeeping on a daily basis
• Housekeeping team are a visible point of contact and information source for staff and guests
• To ensure all feedback is regarded as a gift by the whole team, recorded and regarded as a learning opportunity and actions are taken as a result
• Ensure procedures, systems and checks are in place to ensure standards are being met daily
• Demonstrate hospitality towards our guests at all times exhibiting empathy, anticipating their needs and exceeding their expectations
• Work closely with the front of house team to coordinate the smooth daily preparation of rooms
• Understand financial targets and budget restrictions, keep costs down wherever possible
• Accurately execute regular stock takes
• Ensure efficient use of departmental resources
• Scheduling staff rotas and managing your team
• 3 years previous housekeeping management experience as head of department
• Sound English oral and written communication skills
• Proven experience in using information and technology
• Demonstrated literacy, numeracy, and attention to detail
• Sound organisational and administrative skills
• Ability to self-direct workload
• Knowledge of COSHH
• Ability to hold to account & take responsibility
• Demonstrable ability to lead by example
Salary & Company benefits:
• £30,000 - £35,000 per annum, depending on experience
• Permanent contract of 40 hours per week.
• Variety of shifts covering weekdays, evenings and weekends
• Learning opportunities and career progression possibilities
• 28 days holiday per year (29 after 1 year)
• A team based and highly supportive work family
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Job Reference: HQ00025009
Closing Date: 17/12/2021