Job Title: House Host
Salary: £18k per year
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Our Client, which is a luxury resort, spa and lodgings is situation in a beautiful costal bay on the outskirts of Newquay, are currently recruiting a House Host on a full-time permanent basis.
You will be helping the guests find those moments of happiness, away from the complications of the everyday. Our Client needs someone who can be attentive, organised, proactive individuals to go beyond guest expectations and ensure their experience, before, during and after their stay is the best it can be.
- Go above and beyond guest expectations to provide a welcoming positive and comfortable experience, whether in person, over the phone or through other forms of communication.
- Keep public areas clean, assisting housekeeping as required.
- Check guests in and out.
- Help guests whenever they need it, dealing with any query quickly and smoothly
- Take bookings across the resort, using the systems in place.
- Take room service orders and deliver to guests’ rooms.
- Lend a sympathetic ear if there are any complaints, record and handle them if you can or escalate to your House Manager.
- Complete daily tasks quickly and efficiently, exactly when they are needed.
- Act in accordance with Health & Safety laws.
- Be an active and engaged member of the team and always carry out duties to assist in the smooth running of the hotel as requested by your line manager.
- Previous experience of using property management systems.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Previous front of house experience.
- Previous F&B experience
- First Aid qualification.
- Current Enhanced DBS.
Key skills required
- Good communicator.
- Experience of hotel computer systems.
- Good at prioritising and time management.
- Administrative skills.
- Basic IT skills.
Job Ref: hh21Facebook Twitter LinkedIn