Job Title: Health Works for Cornwall One to One Change Coach (Active Plus)
Location: Head Office Base in Truro, working across the Atlantic and Moor area of North Cornwall
Salary banding: £19,475 - £22,550
Contract type: Full time 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Fixed term contract until 31st July 2023
Responsible to: Health Works for Cornwall Project and Compliance Manager
Main Purpose of Job:
Health Works for Cornwall is a new Cornwall Development Company (CDC) led programme, which is funded by the European Social Fund and aims to help people in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly to overcome health barriers and other complex challenges as they progress towards participation in work.
Active Plus play a key part in boosting the confidence, motivation and communication skills of project participants as they deliver bespoke courses using the skills and experience of wounded, injured and sick military veterans. Courses focus on wellbeing and employability, as the Instructors support participants on their journey.
As a One to One Change Coach, you will manage a personal caseload of participants, acting as the single point of contact as well as mentor and coach. You will engage potential participants who have multiple barriers and/or are disadvantaged in the labour market, assess needs and develop individually tailored support packages that help people remove barriers that are stopping them accessing support services and employment, training and education opportunities. The One to One Change Coach will use the Seetec PLUSS Customer Management System (CMS) daily to record participant journeys and progression.
You will play a key part in recruiting participants onto the Health Works for Cornwall programme and in promoting the Confidence & Motivation courses to all participants who join the programme.
You will promote and represent the Project ensuring that Active Plus plays its part in positive and successful progression for participants. You will demonstrate all of the benefits of employment as you encourage, motivate and inspire participants on their journey.
Health Works for Cornwall Project and Compliance Manager
Active Plus Senior Management Team
Active Plus Finance Manager
Health Works for Cornwall team
Other Health Works for Cornwall delivery partners
Strategic and Referral organisations e.g. Jobcentres, Local Authority, People Hub, NHS, Housing Associations, Voluntary and Community sector organisations
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage a personal caseload of participants, being the single point of contact as well as mentor and coach, to remove barriers to employment, and support participants to achieve these outcomes.
• Respond to referrals, ensuring that the person is eligible for the contract and assist with the identification and recruitment of long-term unemployed and economically inactive participants.
• Through assessment and discussion, establish effective SMART action plans and optimum progression routes for participants.
• Regularly review participant progress using distance travelled measures and ensure action plans are reviewed and developed to support customers through to sustained employment.
• Use a variety of engagement strategies working with local organisations to meet the project’s engagement targets across all participant target groups, ensuring equality of access for all.
• Work as part of a team to inspire, motivate and engage participants ensuring that your delivery is inclusive and meets the needs of all participants.
• Work alongside the delivery team to promote the Active Plus Confidence and Motivation Courses to all participants.
• Work to the standards and procedures set out within the Quality Manual ensuring compliance at all times, including deadlines for when programme evidence needs to be presented to the lead partner.
• Ensure the SEETEC PLUSS IT CMS system is kept up to date, recording accurate data on participants’ demographics and activities
• Develop and maintain good relations with local external stakeholders and other contacts.
• Adhere to policies and processes set by Active Plus and the Health Works for Cornwall Contract Management Team
• Ensure all financial, administrative and compliance processes are adhered to at all times, seeking advice and support from the Project & Compliance Manager as appropriate
• Ensure that data protection guidelines are followed at all times
• Other duties in relation to the Project as required
Skills, knowledge and experience
• Experience of managing a caseload of participants
• Experience of working on a 1-2-1 basis with people, helping them to identify and achieve goals
• Proven track record of supporting people into employment, training or job searching
• Knowledge of the local labour market and current opportunities available for employment and training.
• Ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences.
• Sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
• Experience of working with communities as a way to support participants to achieve their goals.
• A knowledge and understanding of the challenges faced by wounded,
• injured or sick military veterans.
• Experience of working to strict deadlines whilst ensuring that all work is effective and compliant.
• Current clean driving licence and access to a vehicle for business use
• IAG, coaching, teaching or training qualification.
• Experience of working with SMART objectives and achieving targets and outcomes
• Track record of working with partner organisations
• ECDL qualification or similar.
• Previous experience of working on a back to work or similar project
• Experience of the armed forces or of working with organisations who support the armed forces.
• Experience of European Social Fund or grant funded delivery
This role is eligible under the exceptions to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and will therefore require the successful applicant to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS).
To apply for this role please submit the following documents via email to Jodie McGregor at Jodie@activeplus.org.uk
1. A CV of no more than two sides of A4 and
2. A Covering Letter of no more than two sides of A4 detailing why you would be suitable for this role
The closing date for all applications is 1200 on 22nd October 2021.
This post is funded by the European Social Fund
Closing Date: 22nd October 2021