Job Title: Health and Safety Manager
Salary: £30,000-£40,000 pa
Location: Truro - Exeter - Remotely
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
The postholder has the responsibility for Management of the following:
• Ensuring that Kensa Contracting meets the requirements of Health and Safety and other related
• Maintaining third party Health and Safety management certifications
• Support Project management and Delivery team with HSE matters
• Carry out a program of training, inspections and continuous improvement of our H&S practices
• Acting as Temporary Works Co-ordinator on behalf of Kensa Contracting
The postholder should provide guidance to ensure the building structures and equipment do not pose
a risk to colleagues, contractors and visitors to Kensa Contracting sites.
1. To review, implement and where necessary update the company’s Health and Safety policy
2. To ensure the company meets all legislative Health and Safety requirements
3. To ensure all accidents or near misses are fully reported and investigated
4. To support the operational teams to achieve optimum performance and compliance with
health and safety, legal and quality systems requirements
5. To provide Directors, Managers and business colleagues with guidance and direction on
Health and Safety systems, developments and improvement initiatives
6. To act as the Temporary Works coordinator for the company and support delivery teams in
7. Where necessary communicate Health and Safety matters to the Health and Safety
8. To coordinate Health and Safety training for project managers, site managers and other
9. To liaise with designers and contractors in relation to Safety requirements of buildings and
10. To coordinate and communicate Health and Safety matters to all colleagues, contractors and
visitors to site.
11. To identify Health and Safety training requirements
12. To ensure the Health and Safety needs of the business are balanced against cost
13. To perform audit of live sites to aid the continued improvement of KCL and its staff. This will
require at time travel anywhere throughout the country.
14. To work cooperatively and provide support as required for all companies in the Kensa Group.
15. To undertake training and assist in training other member of staff as required.
16. To be a positive ambassador of Kensa at all times.
17. To work at all times in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to follow all
company procedures and guidelines which assist this. Whilst working at external sites comply
with all on site health and safety procedures and guidelines applicable to that site.
18. To work at all times in accordance with the company’s Dignity & Diversity Policy.
19. To undertake such other duties as may be required within the general scope of the job.
20. This job description may be subject to change, in consultation with the postholder, in response
to new circumstances.
Job Ref: KCL
Closing Date: 06/11/2020