Salary: £32k per year
Recruiter: Cornwall Staff Agency
- Head Chef – North Cornwall
- Salary up to £32,000pa DOE
- Exciting venture based in a popular north coast village
- Fresh produce
Hands on operation- we are looking for someone who can lead a kitchen in a very busy restaurant.
Cornwall Staff Agency are looking for a talented Head chef to join a team in a beautifully located restaurant with a newly refurbished kitchen in the heart of a busy North Cornwall Coastal village featuring a high-volume restaurant.
As Head Chef you will need to be pro-active in your approach and ensure the smooth running of the kitchen adheres to the strict codes of practice, policies and procedures relating to food, storage, serving and specifications. You will be constructing and designing menus whilst overseeing pricing to achieve maximum GP. Within your role of Head Chef, you will also be competent in stock rotation, food health and safety to the highest levels and ensure all stock levels are at an optimum level of availability.
For this position, we are seeking applications from candidates with strong passion and enthusiasm for local produce and what you do. With previous experience in a similar position looking for a new challenge hitting the ground running.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to…
- Being able to cope with working in a high-pressure environment
- Have excellent knowledge of seasonal foods and dishes
- Exceptional communication skills and be able to show authority
- Adhere to the highest level of hygiene
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Create daily specials
- Fantastic leadership
- Support and mentor Junior members of the team
- Recruit a seasonal team of Chefs
Working hours will be varied and include weekends and evenings.
Accomdation can be provided if needed.
This is a full-time permanent position, with a competitive up to salary from £32,000pa DOE.
Job Reference: PARL2186
Apply for this job