Salary: £38k per year
Recruiter: Cornwall Staff Agency
Head Chef - Newquay
- Salary from £38,000pa DOE
- Exciting venture based in a popular hotel
- Join a stunning hotel
- Varied and interesting role
- Sourcing produce on your doorstep
- Hands on operation- we are looking for someone who can lead a kitchen in a busy restaurant.
Our client is seeking a Head Chef join their fantastically situated 5* Hotel restaurant in Newquay. This pivotal role within the kitchen you will support our client’s success in Cornwall.
As Head Chef you will need to be pro-active in your approach and ensure the smooth running of the kitchen adheres to the strict codes of practice, policies and procedures relating to food, storage, serving and specifications. You will be constructing and designing menus whilst overseeing pricing to achieve maximum GP. Within your role of Head Chef, you will also be competent in stock rotation, food health and safety to the highest levels and ensure all stock levels are at an optimum level of availability.
For this position, we are seeking applications from candidates with strong passion and enthusiasm for local produce and what you do. With previous experience in a similar position looking for a new challenge hitting the ground running.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to…
- Being able to cope with working in a high-pressure environment
- Have excellent knowledge of seasonal foods and dishes
- Exceptional communication skills and be able to show authority
- Adhere to the highest level of hygiene
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Create daily specials menus
- Fantastic leadership
- Support and mentor Junior members of the team
- Recruit a seasonal team of Chef
Working hours will be varied and include weekends and evenings.
This is a full-time permanent position, with a competitive starting salary from £36,000pa DOE.
If you believe you would be a suitable candidate for this position and would like to find out more, please send your CV to Penny at Cornwall Staff Agency today.
Job Reference: PARL2218
Apply for this job