Head Chef – North Cornwall
- Salary up £55k-£60k + 10% performance related bonus
- Fantastic Bonus Package
- Excellent opportunity
- Exciting venture based
- Sourcing Local produce
- Hands on operation- we are looking for someone who can lead a kitchen in a very busy restaurant.
- Help with relocation to the County/ access to a large studio apartment in Newquay that can be let out or included in the package
Cornwall Staff Agency are looking for a talented Head chef to join a large team in a beautifully located restaurant perched on the cliff tops of the North Cornish Coast featuring a stunning view. The location promotes a lovely Picturesque clifftop and the raw power of the Atlantic Ocean.
As Head Chef you will need to be pro-active in your approach and ensure the smooth running of the kitchen adheres to the strict codes of practice, policies and procedures relating to food, storage, serving and specifications. You will be constructing and designing menus whilst overseeing pricing to achieve maximum GP. Within your role of Head Chef, you will also be competent in stock rotation, food health and safety to the highest levels and ensure all stock levels are at an optimum level of availability.
For this position, we are seeking applications from candidates with strong passion and enthusiasm for local produce and what you do. With previous experience in a similar position looking for a new challenge hitting the ground running. We are looking for someone with a proven work record in large, high volume establishments.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to…
- Being able to cope with working in a high-pressure environment
- Have excellent knowledge of seasonal foods and dishes
- Exceptional communication skills and be able to show authority
- Adhere to the highest level of hygiene
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Create daily specials menus
- Fantastic leadership
- Support and mentor Junior members of the team
- Recruit a seasonal team of Chef
Working hours will be varied and include weekends and evenings.
This is a full-time permanent position, with a competitive up to salary from £55,000- £60,000 DOE.+ an amazing package
For the right candidate there is the possibility of either offering the flat for a short period of time whilst someone gets settled, to roll it up into a package, or to just let it on a commercial basis