Salary: £35k per year
Recruiter: Cornwall Staff Agency
- Head Chef
- Salary up to £35,000pa
- Fresh produce
Our client is seeking a Head Chef to join their fantastically situated pub based in the Cornwall village of Fowey with idyllic views overlooking the estuary, along the historic south Cornwall coastline.
This pivotal role within the kitchen and will support our client’s continued success, using local produce. You will ideally have experience of working within fresh food standard establishments at a senior level and will have experience of managing a team. You must feel confident creating outstanding fresh locally produced dishes.
As the Head chef you would be required to ensure the smooth running of a busy kitchen. You will also oversee the training and support there for the lower ranking chefs keeping standards set.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to…
- Being able to cope with working in a high-pressure environment
- Have excellent knowledge of seasonal foods and dishes
- Exceptional communication skills and be able to show authority
- Adhere to the highest level of hygiene
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Create daily specials menus
- Fantastic leadership
- Support and mentor Junior members of the team
Working hours will be varied and include weekends and evenings. This is a full-time permanent position, with a competitive starting salary of up to £35,000pa DOE
Due to location own transport would be essential.
If you believe you would be a suitable candidate for this position and would like to find out more, please send your CV to Penny at Cornwall Staff Agency today.
Job Reference: PARL2207
Apply for this job