Job Title: Electrician Position
Salary: £14.99 - £16.37 Approved Rate
We are a well-established electrical company based in Cornwall who are looking to recruit fully qualified and experienced electrician to join our team.
The jobholder will apply knowledge of electrical systems to upgrade and conduct maintenance on existing works and become involved in fault-finding and diagnostics to company standards and to maintain those systems while upholding safety guidelines and complying with codes and regulations.
• Diagnose and repair electrical problems in domestic electrical systems, including fault-finding, rewiring, and monitoring.
• Install electrical systems to latest wiring regulations.
• Assess any upgrades or parts required for existing jobs.
• Provide solutions for any issues identified through routine maintenance and testing on industrial and domestic electrical systems
• Offer advice and guidance to the existing team to ensure installations comply to regulatory and manufacturer standards, including fire alarms.
• Assess any works conducted to ensure good quality workmanship which upholds company standards, complies with building codes, and follows safety requirements.
• Work to find and present faults and concerns in electrical systems without receiving explicit direction.
• Support the existing Electricians and Apprentices on upholding safety guidelines and complying with codes and regulations.
• Play an advisory role regarding existing domestic systems.
• Provide exceptional customer service and answer any customer questions.
• Take a proactive and creative approach to contribute to on-going projects.
• Full UK driving licence
• Possess working knowledge of IEE regulations, City & Guilds 2360 and 2382 qualifications, and inspection and testing certificate (2391) or equivalent.
• Hold relevant NVQ level 3 or higher (or equivalent) qualifications 18th Edition.
• Demonstrate familiarity with NICEIC (or equivalent accrediting body) requirements.
• Experienced in planning, installing, testing and certifying electrical installations in domestic social housing.
• Applies safe and responsible working practices, complying with all relevant. health and safety policies.
• Capable of working independently.
• Be a positive thinker and take a proactive approach in finding solutions.
• Be flexible and enthusiastic.
• ECS/CSCS card holder.
• Inspection and test qualification.
Hours of work are generally Mon – Fri, contracted for 40 hours.
Job Type: Full time
Vehicle will be provided.
Job Ref: Electrician
Closing Date: 04/04/2021