Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Location: Plymouth, Devon, England
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: GBP24244 - 34686 per Annum
Date Posted: 09/08/2019
Wise Employment are recruiting a Permanent, Full time, Electrical Maintenance Fitter, for a leading manufacturer in Plymouth.
You will be responsible for preventative maintenance as well as responding to emergency machine break downs throughout the plant. you will have involvement with new design, installation and movements of existing machines, overhaul and repair of machines and equipment as well as ensuring machines and equipment on site are safe, working efficiently and fit for purpose.
- Promote and carry out Preventative Maintenance.
- Ensure all machines are safe and fit for purpose.
- Installation of new machines and equipment.
- Overhaul, upkeep and repair of all plant machines.
- Working knowledge of PLC control (preferably Rockwell Automation) sensors and automation equipment.
- Electrical Installation.
- Review and advise on Engineering requirements and drawings.
- Work with and install single phase / three phase electrical circuits.
- Actively promote safe working practices.
- Work with and co-ordinate Contractors.
- Undertake repairs and servicing to the highest standard in accordance with work requests and pre-determined specifications.
- Fault Finding, testing, and the removal or adjustment of existing fittings, fixtures and parts.
- Where a detailed specification is not provided, determine the cause of the fault and then undertake the most cost-effective solution to remedy the defect.
- Contribution to the company objectives and values.
- To adhere to Company Rules / Health and Safety / Environmental Standards and Practices.
- To attend training and continuous development opportunities as required.
- Continuously look for improvements to the service and for effective good practice within the role.
- The successful applicant will be highly motivated and self-driven.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience within an Electrical Maintenance role
- Apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of a BTEC Level 3 or ONC (or equivalent)
- Ability to undertake shift work (Annualised Hours pattern), overtime and call outs as required
- Effective communication skills including internally and with Contractors
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Technical background
- Previous Electrical Maintenance experience within a Manufacturing environment would be highly desirable.
- Good IT Skills
- The successful candidate will work on an Annualised Hours Shift Pattern, including overtime and call outs as necessary.
- Applicants who are shortlisted for interview will be required to undertake and pass a Drug and Alcohol Test prior to being offered the position.
Salary – Basic £24,244 per annum plus 43.07% shift premium – so total £34,686 per annum including shift premium
Hours: 7.5 hours per day on the Annualised Hours shift pattern (involves working days, backs, nights, weekends)It works in a 6 weekly pattern so every 6 weeks, you will work 1 week of nights, 1 week of backs and 4 weeks of days and within that will be 1 weekend (with the off days during the week). (So essentially 1 weekend every 6 weeks)Nights are 10pm – 7am, back shift is 3pm – 10pm and day shift is 7pm – 3pm
Successful candidates will need to pass a drug and alcohol test before being offered the position