Job Title: Community Care Assistant
Location: Hayle, St. Ives, Penzance, Redruth
Penwith Care Ltd, trusted partners of the N.H.S and Cornwall Council, are one of the leading innovators in driving lasting sustainable change within the West Cornwall adult social care sector. Our carers’ selfless performance on the front line of the battle against Covid-19 has inspired us as a company to change the way we reward the members of the Penwith Care family. In our latest ground-breaking decision, we wanted to recognise the dedication of our team with long term salaried contracts ensuring their job security, income, and the long-term futures of their families.
For the first time we are now recruiting for salaried contract carers. Yes, that is correct - salaried contracts for new carers. Whether experienced or new to the sector, every community carer within the Penwith Care family is paid the same salary (pro rata} to provide the same outstanding level of care and commitment that our service users deserve. As a member of the Penwith Care Team, you will be key to the lives of our service users, visiting them in their own homes, providing them with support, companionship and personal care, anything that meets their person-centred care plan. We want to empower the vulnerable to feel safe secure and happy in the home they have grown to love.
What you need:
· Driving Licence: Car, motorcycle, or moped is fine but you will need to be mobile for this role.
· Personality: You will be bringing joy, companionship, and care to vulnerable adults’ lives.
· Desire to learn and grow: Staff are empowered to learn and develop at a personal level.
· A desire to be the difference: A key driver for success in people entering the sector.
· A Smartphone and data: To run our Care apps.
· The ability to complete DBS check: If you have queries just ask.
What we offer you:
· A Salaried contract: Access mortgages, finance and opportunities salaried contracts open up.
· Performance-related pay from 2021: Linked to key performance areas.
· Mileages: Paid monthly at 35p per mile.
· A company pension: Plan for your future whilst building your new career.
· Full training: Be paid to train on the job with full salary from day one.
· Free uniform: Yes, we provide a free uniform for all our carers.
· Career development: We encourage and support our staff to complete NVQ qualifications.
· Progression: We always look to promote from within the organisation wherever possible.
· Flexible hours: As a 24-hr business we can agree flexible packages for our staff.
· Job security: In an uncertain climate your career is safe from external economic pressures.
· Infection control training: Part of our successful commitment to keeping our carers safe in Covid.
· Full P.P.E: Our staff have all the P.P.E and training they need to stay safe in this crisis.
Job Ref: PENWJC
Closing Date: 02/03/2021