Job Title: Collections Assistant
Reporting to the Collections Manager, the Collections Assistant will be responsible for the day-to-day collection and debt recovery duties, which include a high volume of quality telephone calls, letters, text messages, managing e-mails, queries and taking payments over the telephone.
Key Performance Areas
· Responsible for the collection of debts related to Own Book.
· Ensure all arrears are kept to a minimum, working with customers, business, and business partners to secure payments promptly.
· Ensure all customer records are accurate and up to date with all inbound and outbound contact whether verbal or written.
· Ensure all queries are resolved within business requirements and service level agreements.
· Communicate with customers using effective questioning and listening skills to enable full understanding of their individual financial circumstances and requirements.
· Demonstrate confidence and resilience to be able to quickly establish a rapport with our customers and build strong relationships.
· Demonstrate the ability to persevere in challenging situations and be able to work as part of a team.
· Adhere to FCA, Vulnerable Customers and Treating Customers Fairly guidelines and legislation.
· Liaise with internal managers regarding customer accounts, queries, and complaints.
Person specification/ Skills
· Experience within Collections / Credit Control environment preferred.
· Highly developed telephone and negotiation skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Listening and negotiation skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and react accordingly.
· Challenges issues with confidence, as and when they arise.
· Contributes to a team working environment within own team and in support of other departments.
· Striving for excellence in every task
· Ability to work under pressure and to time limits and deadlines.
· Excellent planning and organising skills with the ability to prioritise own workload.
· Excellent IT skills including MS, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Experience in collections is desirable however training can be provided to the right candidate.
Job Ref: 124578
Closing Date: 16/05/2021