Job Title: Coast to Coast One to One Change Coach
Salary: £19,475 - £22,550
Location: Truro Cornwall
Head Office Base in Truro, working across the Coast to Coast area of Cornwall
Salary banding: £19,475 - £22,550
Contract type: 37.5 hours per week
Fixed term contract until September 2021
Responsible to: Coast to Coast Change Coach Manager
Main Purpose of Job:
Working on the Positive People Project you will be part of a delivery team that includes One to One Change Coaches and a Veteran Specialist Change Coach who are empowering participants to increase self-belief, facilitate opportunities and inspire people to make positive change in their lives.
As a One to One Change Coach, you will deliver 1:1 support to engage with participants who have multiple barriers and/or are disadvantaged in the labour market. You will assess needs and develop individually tailored support packages to enable participants to become more socially included and enter training, education and /or employment.
The One to One Change Coach will use the Seetec PLUSS Customer Management System on a daily basis to record participant journeys and progression. You will manage a personal caseload of participants, being the single point of contact as well as mentor and coach, to remove barriers to education, training or employment, and support participants to achieve these outcomes.
Positive People is part of the national Building Better Opportunities programme which is funded by National Lottery Community Fund and European Social Fund and aims to help people who are unemployed and economically inactive to overcome their barriers to participation in work, training and education. Seetec PLUSS are the Lead Partner.
• Positive People Project Manager
• Coast to Coast Change Coach Manager
• Active Plus Office Manager
• Active Plus Senior Management Team
• Project Participants
• Seetec PLUSS and all other Positive People delivery partners
• Referral organisations e.g. Jobcentres, NHS, Housing Associations, Voluntary and
Community sector organisations
• Partners, training companies, employers and organisations who can help participants to overcome barriers and progress to work
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage a personal caseload of participants, being the single point of contact as well as mentor and coach, to remove barriers to education, training or employment, and support participants to achieve these outcomes.
• Respond to referrals, ensuring that the person is eligible for the contract and assist with the identification and recruitment of long term unemployed and economically inactive participants.
• Through assessment and discussion, establish effective SMART action plans and optimum progression routes for participants.
• Regularly review participant progress using distance travelled measures and ensure action plans are reviewed and developed to support customers through to sustained employment.
• Use a variety of engagement strategies working with local organisations to meet the project’s engagement targets across all participant target groups, ensuring equality of access for all.
• Work to the standards and procedures set out within the Quality Manual ensuring compliance at all times, including deadlines for when programme evidence needs to be presented to the central administration team.
• Ensure the SEETEC PLUSS IT CMS system is kept up to date, recording accurate data on participants’ demographics and activities
• Develop and maintain good relations with local external stakeholders and other contacts.
• With the assistance of the partnership’s job brokerage service, support the participant in all aspects of job search and targeted in-work support.
• Ensure all financial, administrative and compliance processes are adhered to at all times, seeking advice and support from the Change Coach Manager as appropriate
• Ensure that data protection guidelines are followed at all times
• Other duties in relation to the Project as required
Skills, knowledge and experience
Experience of managing a caseload of participants
Experience of working on a 1-2-1 basis with people, helping them to identify and achieve goals
Knowledge of the local labour market and current opportunities available for employment and training.
Sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
Ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences.
Experience of working with communities as a way to support participants to achieve their goals.
A knowledge and understanding of the challenges faced by wounded, injured or sick military veterans.
Experience of working to strict deadlines whilst ensuring that all work is effective and compliant.
Current clean driving licence and access to a vehicle for business use
IAG, coaching, teaching or training qualification.
Experience of working with SMART objectives and achieving targets and outcomes
Track record of working with partner organisations
ECDL qualification or similar.
Previous experience of working on a back to work or similar project
Experience of the armed forces or of working with organisations who support the armed forces.
Experience of European Social Fund or grant funded delivery.
This role is eligible under the exceptions to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and will therefore require the successful applicant to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS).
To apply for this position, you must submit the following documents:
1. A CV of no more than 2 sides of A4
2. A covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4 demonstrating your fit against the job description and person specification.
Please send the above documents to email@example.com The closing date for all applications is midday on Wednesday 20th January 2021. Interviews will take place during the week commencing Monday 25th January 2021.
Job Ref: 01-21
Closing Date: 27/01/2021