Job Title: Chef De Partie
Location: Mullion Cove, Lizard
Hours: 40 hours per week
Job Title: Chef de Partie
Reporting to: Head Chef, Sous chef
Location: Mullion Cove Hotel
Overview: To assist in the preparation of the mise en place, prep lists and service of dishes at meal times. To ensure your section is clean, well stocked and organised ready for service. It is a vital part of the position to keep food quality for both guests and staff to the best standard potentially possible.
1. To lead by example work and to the required standards to which training has been received. (HACCP, Health and Safety, COSHH and Food Safety Management)
2. Produce all necessary food for all food service operations as required as instructed by the Sous chef or Head Chef.
3. Be able to efficiently prepare and serve breakfast.
4. Prepare ingredients that should be frequently available (vegetables, spices etc.)
5. To communicate effectively within the kitchen and other departments.
6. Follow the guidance of the Head or sous chef and have input in new ways of presentation or dishes
7. To help control kitchen costs
8. To work calm under pressure showing alertness, vigilance whilst taking initiative.
9. Put effort in optimizing the cooking process with attention to speed and quality
10. To ensure that all equipment is clean and in good working order
11. To accurately record working hours
12. To be proactive in self development and development of all members of the kitchen brigade.
13. To ensure and enforce personal hygiene.
Health & Safety
You must ensure that all Health & Safety regulations are adhered to at all times, this includes the fire procedures and COSHH regulations, all of which you will be made aware of. Please ensure that you report any faults or infringements of these procedures or act immediately where appropriate to correct them. You have a duty to carry out work so that you never put yourself or others at risk, creating a safer working environment for everyone
This list is not exhaustive and will be reviewed periodically when adjustments may be made
Job Ref: Chef
Closing Date: 31/10/2019