Job Type: Seasonal (until end of October)
Rate of Pay: £12 p/hr (Hourly rate £11 p/hr + end of season completion bonus £1/hr)
Reporting To: Head Chef / Second Chef
Are you looking for an exciting new role?
Come and join our new kitchen team, at COAST. Situated on the Beachside Holiday Park, COAST is a Kitchen bar terrace which is part of the only remaining family run holiday park operating on the Towans in Hayle. With uninterrupted views of St Ives bay, the restaurant boasts brand new facilities and a chance to help shape the future of the business.
We offer an online staff management system making it easy to track and schedule your hours, a generous staff discount and provide you with uniform and washing facilities meaning you never need to take this home.
Above all this we will work with you on your development to further your own personal skills.
COVID – We provide relevant PPE and operate under the ‘We’re Good to Go’ standards for operation. We aim to ensure our staff and clients are always kept safe.
We are looking for reliable, committed staff who want to make a difference so if this appeals to you then get in touch and become part of the family today.
- Training in Culinary Arts: City & Guilds diplomas in professional cookery, BTEC/HND in professional cookery/foundation degree in culinary arts and must have at least 1-2 years culinary experience
- Be able to work efficiently, have physical stamina, creative flair, flexibility and reliability
- Strong communication, organisational skills with a strong team ethos
- Must be enthusiastic and outgoing, have excellent customer communication skills and be confident in dealing with staff and customers face-to-face
- Must be confident following rules relating to Food Hygiene, Health & Safety at Work and COSHH
- Ability to work with initiative on your own, or as part of a small team and accuracy and attention to detail at all times
- Food Safety and Hygiene certificate level 2
- A relevant qualification in catering
- Be confident in carrying out cash and card transactions accurately if required.
- Relevant Health & Safety / COSHH / First Aid at Work qualification
- Relevant qualification in customer service or hospitality
Beachside Holiday Park is a family-run business and has specialised in providing holidays exclusively for families for over 50 years. We offer a wide range of holiday accommodation along with touring and camping pitches, right beside the beach in St Ives Bay. The park is open from Easter to the end of October each year.
We have a wide range of facilities including Coast, our family restaurant & bar. Coast’s team will serve great quality fresh, honest food, starting the day with a range of breakfast options, moving on to a lazy lunch and evening dinner. Coast’s opening hours will vary during the parks opening time through the season.
We are committed to continual improvement and excellent levels of customer service, aiming to exceed our customers’ expectations during their well-earned holiday. We expect the same level of commitment from our staff.
This Job Description sets out current duties of the post that may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
Closing Date: 26th April 2021