Location: St. Austell, Pool, Redruth, Penzance, St. Agnes
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Hours: As and when required, based on your availability
Recruiter: Havencare Homes and Support Limited
Waking Nights Casual Worker
Location: Multiple locations across our Cornwall Services
Hours: Casual Work (As and when required)
Do you have experience in the care sector? Would you like to put your valuable skills to good use, during the current Covid-19 crisis? Maybe you could use the extra money to get you through the next few months of uncertainty?
Havencare is currently looking for experienced support workers to join our friendly team, either on a short-term or long-term basis. you are motivated by a real passion to make a difference in someone else’s life and are looking for flexible hours to suit you, then come and join our dedicated team.
As a support worker you would be required to cover various shifts across one or more of our services for individuals with learning disabilities and Autism in Cornwall.
Training and development opportunities will be provided for the right candidate.
If you would like to join us in this rewarding role you will need to be able to:
-Work with Support Plans that are tailored to the individual’s likes and dislikes.
- Support people to engage in meaningful activities in everyday life and access the community, in a range of leisure and social opportunities (e.g. shopping, theatre visits, swimming, walking, holidays).
- Promote independence and maintaining life skills.
- Motivate individuals to achieve their goals.
- Build strong relationships through excellent communication skills and shared interests, whilst maintaining solid family connections.
- Support in personal care.
- Play a key part in delivering outcome-focused support plans.
- A full UK driving license is not essential but would be desirable.
In return, we will:
- Train you to ensure you have all the skills you require to succeed, as well as providing ongoing training and development.
- Offering an attractive rate of pay
- Offer a generous refer a friend scheme
- Offering holiday accrued for hours worked.
- Provide Career Development opportunities.
- Fast Track your application to get you working as soon as possible
- Help with Mileage
Salary: £9.50 per hour
If you are interested and have either unreserved or set availability at certain times (for example, you can only cover weekends/nights / term time only etc.) - YOU can become a Casual Worker for Havencare and support this fast-growing charity in providing high-quality services for those who need it.
Applications will be considered as and when received. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Harry Gill for a chat on 07883 446980
If your application is successful, any offer of employment will be subject to:
A satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and subsequent registration for the DBS Update Service
2 acceptable/satisfactory references
Evidence of eligibility/right to work in the UK
Job Reference: SLCWN21
Closing Date: 12/11/2021