Salary: £9.50 - £9.70 per hour
Hours: As and when required, based on your availability
Recruiter: Havencare Homes and Support Limited
Casual Support Worker Role
Location: Multiple locations across Havencare’s Plymouth/Plympton and Plymstock Services.
Hours: As and when required.
Do you have experience in the care sector? Would you like to put your valuable skills to good use? Maybe you could use the extra money to get you through the next few months of uncertainty? Or maybe you are retired and fancy having some extra funds to spoil your grandchildren with? Whatever the reason, this fulfilling role could be just what you are looking for!
Havencare are currently looking for experienced support workers to join our friendly, dedicated team, either on a short term or long-term basis. If you are motivated by a real passion to make a difference to someone else’s life and are looking for flexible hours to suit you, then come and join our us
As a support worker you would be required to cover shifts across our services for people with learning disabilities and Autism in Plymouth.
Training and development opportunities will be provided for the right candidate.
If you would like to join us in this rewarding role you will need to be able to:
-Work with Support Plans that are tailored to the individual’s likes and dislikes.
- Support people to engage in meaningful activities in everyday life and access the community, in a range of leisure and social opportunities (e.g. shopping, theatre visits, swimming, walking, holidays).
- Promote independence and maintaining life skills.
- Motivate individuals to achieve their goals.
- Build strong relationships through excellent communication skills and shared interests, whilst maintaining solid family connections.
- Support in personal care.
- Play a key part in delivering outcome focused support plans.
- A full UK driving license is not essential but would be desirable.
In return, we will:
- Train you to ensure you have all the skills you require to succeed, as well as providing ongoing training and development.
- Offering an attractive rate of pay, £9.50 Per hour
- Offering holiday accrued for hours worked.
- Provide Career Development opportunities.
- Help with mileage
If you are interested and have either unreserved or set availability at certain times (for example, you can only cover weekends / nights / term time only etc.) - YOU can become a Casual Worker for Havencare and support this fast-growing charity in providing high quality services for those who need it.
Applications will be considered as and when received. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Leanne Bostock for a chat on 07883 446980 or 01752 251476.
If your application is successful, any offer of employment will be subject to:
A satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and subsequent registration for the DBS Update Service
2 acceptable / satisfactory references
Evidence of eligibility / right to work in the UK
Job Reference: SLPBANK21
Closing Date: 12/11/2021