Penwith Care are one of the largest providers of domiciliary care to Cornwall Council, priding ourselves on the client centric approach of our team, and the development of our care staff through ongoing training and NVQ qualifications. We care for around 116 service users with a growing roster of 80 carers in the Redruth, Camborne, Hayle, Carbis Bay, Penzance, and surrounding areas.
Together with your Care Coordination colleague, reporting to the Registered Manager and working closely with your carers, you will make sure that every customer gets the quality of client centred care that they deserve. As care coordinator you will be responsible for care planning, risk assessing and briefing carers prior to their care calls, conducting supervisions and managing customer visits when required. You will work hand in hand with the management team to ensure the highest care standards are achieved first time every time.
· Accepting, allocating and processing referrals for new work efficiently.
· Allocating work to Care Workers fairly and appropriately.
- Maintaining accurate records on the system, working with the office team ensuring that all data is relevant and up to date.
· Completing care and risk assessments as required and processing changes and amendments to existing care plans.
· Participating in the ‘on call’ on a rostered basis, ensure that all on-call records are completed correctly, and all alerts are monitored.
· To participate in the growth and development of the business, achieving targets and delivery within budgets.
· Supporting and monitoring Care Workers throughout their induction period.
· To step into the role of a Care Worker if the need arises.
· Ensuring that our service complies with CQC requirements.
· You will be the first point of contact for staff and service users.
· Responding to complaints and queries from service users.
· Knowledge of Care Planner will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of PASS system an advantage.
· At least 2yrs experience as a Care Coordinator of a domiciliary care agency.
· You will possess a minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent or previous experience in a similar role.
· I.T ability an advantage.
. Driving licence essential
What do we offer?
· 28 Days paid holiday.
· Pension contribution.
· Ongoing training, continued development, and support.
. Paid mileage.
. £11 per hour (reviewable upon completion of probation)
Closing Date: 9th September 2020