Job Title: Waking Night Support Worker - Truro
Salary: £9.96ph (£11.52ph weekend rate)
Full & Part Time positions available
We support extraordinary people with Autism; and we need extraordinary people like you.
What do we do?
We have multiple homes across Cornwall
We provide specialist care services for autistic people. These include residential care for adults and children, outreach support and education for children.
Spectrum’s goal is to provide quality of life and the opportunity to develop for service users in its care. The organisation works to a value-base of respect for the dignity and uniqueness of each individual – service user, team member, stakeholders and the wider community.
What will you do?
The role of Waking Night Care Support Worker requires you to undertake night work between the hours of 22:00 and 08:00 the following day.
You will be supported by either another waking-night team member or by a sleeping-in team member on site. If required, an on-call manager can be contacted.
In this role you will:
- Assist the Registered Manager and the management team in maintaining a happy, stimulating and secure environment for all
- Maintain a high level of service user supervision/support.
- Remain awake and undertake administrative or domestic duties.
- Contribute to the assessment of the needs of individual service users, and to the formation of programmes to meet those needs.
These programmes will include educational, social, vocational, physical, life skills and therapeutic activities.
- Support service users in these activities and record/evaluate them.
- Produce reports on service user progress.
- Ensure that service users’ medications are administered as prescribed.
- Undertake the responsibilities of key worker to a service user.
- Attend internal and/or external case conferences, reviews and meetings as required.
What we can do for you?
We can offer you:
- £9.96ph (£11.52ph weekend rate).
- 25 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays.
- Death in service benefit.
- Company Pension.
- Referral Scheme.
- Hight street discounts.
- Rolling rotas so you can plan ahead and create an excellent work-life balance.
- A comprehensive induction and training programme at our very own training centre.
For an application form or further information please email the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check, with a check of the barred lists for both adult and children’s services.
Job Ref: WN
Closing Date: 31/01/2021