Job Title: Team Leader
Location: Long Rock, Penzance
Do you think in a person-centred way? Do you want to make a difference to people you support? Are you interested in leading a team, but don’t want to sit in an office? Do you want to take on operational responsibilities and earn more money?
Havencare Homes and Support Limited are looking for an enthusiastic, resilient and forward-thinking person to support the development of a service, supporting a gentleman within his own home. As Team Leader you will play an important part in developing and delivering innovative person-centred services. You will be a role model of outstanding support.
Working on rota, and reporting to the Practice Leader, you will be responsible for ensuring the service consistently meets internal and external quality standards. In addition, you will be responsible for supervising and appraising Support Workers, collating daily and weekly records into our online support planning and recording system, ensuring all staff are aware of support outcomes and are consistently working with the people we support to achieve them.
This is a 24 hour, 365 days per year service and you will need to be flexible to work as the service requires, including mornings, daytime, weekends and sleep duties.
Preferably you will have experience of providing services for people living with an acquired brain injury and risk management, familiarity with supervising a team, and a current working knowledge of CQC regulations would be advantageous (but not essential for a person with the right attitude, values and aptitude). Driving licence essential for this vacancy.
When asked what he would like in a staff member we were told…’’I would like with people who are mature in nature, calm but fun, and who will listen to me and work in a way that I can accept. Some common interests would be, browsing around local shops, watching a selection of TV programmes, and bees’’
- Salary of £10.20 per hour
- Contributory pension scheme
- Comprehensive employee assistance programme
- Excellent training
- Support the development of the service
- Make a difference to individual’s lives
As part of your role, you will be required to undertake some travel to attend external meetings.
To join us as a Team Leader, you’ll need:
- Experience of supporting and providing services for individuals with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and be able to work in a way that is truly person centred
- A driving licence and access to your own vehicle
- The flexibility to fulfil service needs
- Patience and a good-humoured nature
- Ambition and drive to make a real difference to people’s lives, it is important you are able to recognise this will be different for each individual
- You will role model positive service culture and influence the delivery of support to each individual
**Please note this role is conditional upon receiving an acceptable Enhanced DBS check, Subscription to the DBS Update Service, eligibility to work in the UK and two satisfactory references**
If you want to apply for this role please click the following link: https://bit.ly/2LzmTMF
Job Ref: SHESTL21
Closing Date: 05/03/2021