Job Title: Screen Printer
Salary: £18,000 - £23,000 per annum
Location: St Austell
I am looking for an enthusiastic candidate who has experience of screen printing with textiles.
• Previous screen-printing experience with textiles.
• Working knowledge and experience using automatic presses, preferably MHM machines.
• Can confidently set up jobs and ensure QC checks – registration, flash settings, squeegee speed, and pressure.
• Good working knowledge of printing with different ink types, mainly water based but also plastisol and discharge.
• Use of proper methods/techniques to operate and maintain automatic screen-printing equipment.
• Verify size, colour type of product, and ink colour(s) from work order.
• Maintain continuous inspection of job specifications throughout the production run, and ensure consistent quality throughout.
• Ensure proper cleanliness and safety of equipment.
• Able to work effectively in an open warehouse. The job involves some light/medium lifting and adhering to appropriate safety measures.
• Passionate about maintaining a clean, safe and efficient workplace.
• Knowledge of pre-press processes including screen coating, reclaiming, mesh selection and screen exposure.
• Knowledge of artwork packages including RIP software and Adobe Illustrator.
• Knowledge of Magna ink mixing processes to specific pantone matches.
• Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing processes and the desire to implement these on a daily basis.
• Experience printing on jute fabric.
• Experience printing four colour process (CMYK) and simulated process.
The production facility operates shift patterns, AM, and PM so the successful candidate would need to offer a certain level of flexibility.
Contact Sally for more information regarding this position.
Job Ref: SP230421
Closing Date: 31/05/2021