We are looking for a proactive, generalist HR professional to work within our HR department, who will provide comprehensive HR advice and guidance across all levels of the organisation, particularly to directors and line managers. This will include resource planning, engagement and retention, performance management, and reward and employee relations; in order to maximise individual and organisational performance.
You will need:
*demonstrable experience in strategic and operational HR
*confidence in dealing with senior staff and constructively challenging behaviours
*experience in applying HR legislation and best practice to policies
*a thorough knowledge of current employment legislation
*the ability to work operationally with a hands on, flexible approach to the provision of a full, supportive advisory service to all employees
You must be CIPD qualified or have significant relevant experience, have knowledge of MS word, Excel, Outlook, and the ability to work with bespoke IT systems.
This is a superb opportunity for an experienced, creative HR Manager to join an organisation with strong people standards and ethical values.
To apply: An official application form and full Job Description can be found on our website: www.ageukcornwall.org.uk, "Get involved", "Join Our Team". CVs are not required and no agencies please.
We recommend you use Adobe Acrobat Reader to fill in the pdf form. If you run out of space on the form, please continue on a separate word document.
If you would like a paper application form, please provide us with your address.
The organisation is positive about employing people with disabilities. We know there’s a wealth of talent among people who have a disability as well as those who have experience of mental or physical health problems. So, if you need any support with your application or if you require your application in a different format please just give us a call on 01872 266881.
If you choose to disclose a disability on your application form and you meet the essential criteria set out in the person specification, we commit to inviting you to an interview.
Full Job Description:
Main Purpose of Job
The Human Resources Adviser will be responsible for providing comprehensive and professional HR advice and guidance across all levels of the organisation and particularly to directors and line managers, including resource planning, recruitment and selection, engagement and retention, reward and employee relations in order to maximise individual and organisational performance.
1. Advising directors and line managers on recruitment and selection strategies, supporting and developing recruitment campaigns and overseeing the appointment process for successful applicants
2. Writing HR policy and Providing advice and assistance on interpretation of HR policies, procedures, legislation
3. Providing advice and assistance to directors and line managers on staff performance and attendance management, employee relations, resourcing and staff development
4. Providing strategic advice and playing a major role in work reviews and change processes
5. Supporting grievance, disciplinary and capability investigations and hearings
6. Contributing to the continuous improvement of HR systems and practices
7. Ensuring Human Resources matters are handled fairly and consistently in line with legal and organisational requirements
8. Contributing to the design and achievement of organisational performance objectives and targets
9. Supporting managers to put in place appropriate training and development plans for their teams
10. Managing the HR Coordinator, including having oversight of the provision of Management Information from HR Systems to support the effective renewal of core training, appraisals and DBS
11. Management of Volunteer Officer, ensuring consistent and joined up staff & volunteers experience where appropriate
12. Actively seeking opportunities to improve the employee experience, through engagement (surveys), healthy workplace activity and acting as an employee advocate in strategic decision making.
Competencies and Experience
*CIPD Level 5 qualified or significant relevant experience
*Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to analyse situations and provide clear and accurate information on the options available
*Experience of pro-actively identifying issues of workforce development and people management and advising management team and line managers where they impact on business performance
*Experience in leading on HR strategy, policy writing, recruitment, succession planning, talent management, engagement, performance; knowledge and understanding of complex cases, restructuring, TUPE, pay review, and other business-enhancing HR initiatives
*Confidence in dealing with senior staff, influencing, facilitating, coaching and constructively challenging any behaviours, policies or actions that may impact negatively on business performance or good people management practices
*Thorough knowledge of current employment legislation and the latest thinking in the HR profession
*Comfortable working autonomously, organising own workload to meet deadlines with effective time management, under tight time constraints
*Knowledge of MS word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and the ability to work with bespoke IT systems
*An understanding of, and interest in older people, their situations and the opportunities they may want and/or need
*Desire to continue own personal development in order to improve performance by enhancing knowledge, skills and experience, including attending required training
*Understanding of and adherence to organisational Code of Conduct
'Living well' is the set of principles of Age UK Cornwall and The Isles of Scilly which shape the way of working of the organisation.
We recognise that each person is an individual and we put them and their lifestyle needs at the forefront of all that we do. We believe that, by enabling a person to live the life they want, to the best of their abilities, using their own motivation to achieve their chosen lifestyle, they will attain a greater sense of well-being. This, in turn, is shown to have a positive impact on their health, reducing their dependency on formal health and social care, ad helping them feel more connected to the people and activities in their local community.
Every volunteer and staff member within Age UK Cornwall and The Isles of Scilly is expected to uphold and promote these values in every aspect of their role, positively influencing and challenging attitudes and practice to enable others to adopt the same values.
Closing date for applications: 12.00pm (Noon) 10th May 2021
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Tracey Roose, Chief Executive on 01872 266383
Reports to: People & Estates Director
Closing Date: 10th May 2021