Job Title: Health Care Assistant
Salary: £27,500 per anum
Hours: 27 hours Over four days = 32 hours pro-rata
Health Care Assistant
£27.500 per annum with 30 days paid holiday = £14.72 per hour pro-rata.
Incredible Starting Rate, Rising steeply after 3 months.
Job Type: Permanent
Weekly Covid Test provided.
Comprehensive in-house training covering manual handling, ceiling track hoist, rear drive wheel chair, Vendlet patient turning system and many other aspects of care.
We are looking to recruit a Personal Health Care Assistant/companion to work in a no pressure environment, an average of 32 hours per week pro-rata on a 6-day rolling rota. The role of the Personal Health Care Assistant/Companion is to enable our client to live independently in her own home, enabling her to enjoy the local community; take trips to the theatre and local Beauty spots. (When travel restriction are lifted, and the world gets back to normal)
We are looking for a Personal Health Care Assistant/Companion who can provide support with many aspects of daily living, as well as providing positive companionship. We require a Personal Health Care Assistant who can work within a small team and independently.
You must be friendly, trustworthy and a reliable companion. You must be able to be proactive and confident in your work. You will be working at the client’s private residence, respect and sensitivity to this situation needs to be shown. An understanding of the importance of maintaining confidentiality and privacy are needed. Our client is in her sixties and is paraplegic; and despite having had a stroke that has left her with some small communication difficulties she has a great sense of humour and loves to laugh.
The Rota: (Not negotiable)
For this position the shift pattern is as follows: -
• Day 1 starts at 08:00 and finishes at 15:00. Total 7 hours.
• Day 2 this is a split shift; 08:00 to 10:30 and 18:00 to 22:00. Total 61/2 hours.
• Day 3 starts at 15:00 and finishes at 22:00. Total of 7 hours.
• Day 4 starts at 10:15 and finishes at 17:00. Total of 63/4 hours
• This is followed by two days off. This pattern stays the same as it rolls through the year.
• You will need to be Flexible with working hours.
• Hours worked = 27.25 over four days = 32 hours per week pro-rata over the year.
Premium hourly rates. I.E. Dayshift = £12.30, Evening shift = £12.50, Saturdays = £14.76 Sundays = £17.22 and Bank holiday = £22.30. Plus, overtime opportunities. There are 5.6 weeks holiday (pro-rata).
Duties to include:
• Support and assistance with personal care including showering, hair washing, and dressing. The role can be physical – with moving and handling tasks.
• Prompting/administering of medication.
• Companionship and social interaction, such as providing support to attend local art groups and providing support when out with friends or family.(When the climate permits)
• Engaging in Hobbies.
• Supporting with exercises.
• Supporting with the use of technology such as on line shopping and emails.
• Supporting with laundry and some household tasks.
• Ensuring that clothing and belongings are organised.
• Any other tasks that may be required.
It is important that you are able to provide companionship as well as delivering care, so we are looking for a Health Care Assistant who enjoys spending time with others and you must be able to relate to their needs, interests, and life experiences.
• Over time the needs of our client may change, so it is important that you are flexible with both your approach to work and your hours.
• Our client is a very sociable lady who enjoys interacting with others. She has a strong sense of humour and loves to laugh. She enjoys the theatre, the cinema and eats out regularly with friends. Our client is interested in arts & crafts, cooking, swimming, singing, gardening and likes to shop – we would like to have a Health Care Assistant who is willing to support and show interest in these activities.(When the climate permits)
• Driver with own vehicle is essential due to nature of the role; you will be expected to drive the client’s vehicle. So a Full UK Driving Licence is required.
• As the role involves delivering personal care of an intimate nature, the role is available to Females Only.
• The employer claims exemption from the Equality act 2010.
• You must be a Non-smoker.
• Please take the opportunity to show us your experience and ability to meet the requirements of the post advertised, by adding a summary to your CV or on a covering letter.
How to apply for this position!
Send your CV/ cover letter to email@example.com this will act as a Job application; you will also need to add a current e-mail address.
Your current location and telephone number would be helpful,
An interview will be arranged via zoom where any further questions you may have will be answered
Job Type: Permanent. Salary: £27,500.00 per Annum
Job Ref: Dacey-1
Closing Date: 31/05/2021