Job Title: Care Planning and Compliance Coordinator
Location: Perran Bay
Hours: 40 per week
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
CARE PLANNING & COMPLIANCE COOORDINATOR
Reports to: Care Manager
The Care planning & compliance coordinator’s main role are:
I. To take the lead in the care planning process for every prospective & existing resident of Perran Bay Residential Home ensuring the needs of each individual resident are met.
II. To take a lead role in conjunction with senior management & the wider care teams in meeting all Care Quality Commission requirements to ensure the home remains compliant.
III. To take a lead role whilst working in close collaboration with established care teams & a range of other professionals to ensure effective lines of communication are maintained.
IV. To fully contribute to safeguarding of all residents, recognizing when abuse may be occurring, taking action to prevent any abuse & when required to report where there might be a need for protection of any vulnerable adult.
Overview of Responsibilities
• Meet prospective clients of the home and complete initial assessments to determine suitability for admission to the home.
• In conjunction with the team leaders & care staff complete and continually evaluate individual risk assessments & care plans for each resident ensuring accuracy of information is maintained * that any change in circumstance is documented and effectively communicated
• Work with the care manager & responsible others to endeavor to ensure that all the rooms within the home are at capacity and the individual funding streams are regularly reviewed to maintain an effective balance between privately funded clients & those supported through adult social care or health.
• Invite residents to monthly scheduled meetings where they can discuss how their home is being run and for their views & ideas to be given every consideration.
• Assist residents to complete quarterly questionnaires that focus on their lived experience of residing at Perran Bay.
• Support the arranging of off-site appointments for residents including booking out the company vehicle & when required driving & accompanying the resident & on return documenting relevant information in their care plan.
• Check staff training records to support staff to ensure their training requirements are up to date & individuals are fully compliant.
• Ensure that our social media and website positively promotes the home & update platforms as required.
• To be responsible for your own health & safety and that of anybody else who your acts or omissions may affect.
• Behave in a manner which is welcoming to all who enter the home, be non- judgmental & respect circumstances & feelings.
• Maintain quality in all tasks and encourage all employees to do the same through guidance, instruction, and practice.
• Support equality and value diversity through the promotion and respect of privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights & beliefs of residents, carers and colleagues
• Offer contributions to the improvement of services & the well-being of residents.
• Comply withal training requested by management.
• Comply and complete infection control and health and safety assessments and reviews.
• Support and assist clinicians and other welfare professionals when coming to the home, to ensure that they receive the correct information about the individual service user. Act as a chaperone when required.
• Plan, develop and implement ways of raising and promoting health & well- being. Provide support and encouragement to residents to self-manage their conditions as appropriate & where possible.
• Record all information relating to activities undertaken with residents in a timely manner, giving any updates at shift handover times.
Residents entrust us with or allow us to gather sensitive information in relation to their health & others matters.
They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately.
While providing care or treatment to service users, the post holder may have access to their confidential information, their carers, colleagues, or the business of the home.
This information may only be divulged to authorized persons, in accordance with the homes policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
Health, Safety and Security
The post holder will assist in promoting their own & others health, safety 7 security as defined in the homes Health & safety Policy to include:
• Using personal security systems within the workplace according to the homes policies, identifying the risks involved & acting accordingly.
• Updating knowledge and skills making effective use of the training available
• Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way free from hazards
• Using personal protective equipment (PPE) as provided by the home and overseeing staff effective use of PPE.
• Know the general principles of first aid and resuscitation to be able to undertake initial practical actions as required.
• Ensuring that incident forms are completed correctly by all staff, this includes recording near misses and reporting potential risks identified & that major incidents are reported to the manager and the HSE if a RIDDOR is required.
• Acting in a way that demonstrated the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with the homes procedures, policies, and current legislation.
This job description is by no means exhaustive and the post holder should expect that it will include ad hoc duties, as and when required, and may be subject to variation
Job Ref: 0001
Closing Date: 23/04/2021